Keeping your corporate data safe and secure is crucial for your business, your reputation, and your personnel. You don’t want some unknown hacker to break the company you’ve been building for years, do you? That’s why consider getting the best antivirus for business.
Antivirus software is an excellent option for minor and medium-scale businesses without IT departments. Instead of hiring people to manage corporate cybersecurity, you can install a decent antivirus suite and enjoy protection against malware on a 24/7 basis. This is a way more cost-efficient solution: a program works around the clock and eliminates the risk of mistakes and errors.
Top 3 Antivirus Software for Business
Practice shows that small businesses are hackers’ primary target: according to statistics, 58% of hackers’ victims are small businesses. Ransomware damage costs rose to $11.5 bln by the end of 2019. Next year, ransomware will affect some business every 14 seconds.
Reliable and high-quality antivirus software is a solution that can help both small businesses and large corporations to stay safe. Moreover, it doesn’t have to cost an arm and a leg. Investing some few hundred in a solid business antivirus solution will help you prevent losing thousands of dollars and your reputation in case of malware attack.
Making an informed decision can be difficult, though. You should pay attention to the reviews and overall rating of the solutions, as well as the features provided. To ease the task for you, we’ve prepared Top-1o antivirus suites for corporate users. Here you can find the best antivirus for small business and companies of a larger scale.
Best Antivirus for Business in 2020 (Full Updated List)
To compile our rating, we observed several aspects, including the list of security features, management instruments, customer support, pricing, etc. You will be able to get an insight into the pros and cons of every antivirus solution and decide which one is the most suitable for your business.
- Avast Business Antivirus Pro
- AVG Business Edition
- Kaspersky Endpoint Security
- McAfee Endpoint Security
- Norton Small Business
- Panda Endpoint Protection Plus
- ESET Endpoint Security
- Bitdefender Endpoint Security
- Webroot Secure Anywhere
- Trend Micro’s OfficeScan
Avast Business Antivirus Pro
Avast Antivirus Pro Plus is the ideal choice for those who are looking for protection for their business, as fast as possible and with minimum effort. Antivirus should be as productive as your company.
- Exceptional security and protection of all the computers of your company.
- Server, email and VPN protection features.
- With Webcam Protection, to access the camera, you need to give permission. Without it, no one will be able to penetrate the computer and monitor you.
- Data Shredder. Always deletes files that are better not to be recovered.
Avast Security Features
Additionally, Avast Security for Business provides a lot of additional features to protect your corporate network and all the computers in the office.
- Behavioral Shield stops potentially harmful apps/programs from launching on your device; Web Shield does the same with websites. There’s also an Email Shield.
- Sandbox is one of the company’s trademark features (but it’s not exclusive to Avast these days). It’s a safe place where you can test-run suspicious files without putting your device to danger.
- The Wi-Fi inspector is great at discovering vulnerabilities in your connection. Browser Cleanup is a handy tool for deleting non-essential junk and speeding up your browser.
- Software Defender(automatically update the software on your device) and Data Shredder (permanent deletion of unwanted files) are also available with Antivirus Pro, but, as mentioned in the beginning, Browser Cleanup, Webcam Shield, the VPN, and Password Protector are only available with Pro Plus.
- Webcam Shield. Alerts you before the webcam is turned on to protect your privacy.
- Passwords. Protects passwords and simplifies online accounting.
- SecureLine VPN. Provides security for open and vulnerable networks anywhere in the world.
This software doesn’t overload the user’s PC – it’s pretty light, and you will not notice its work. The software is running on the background and only sends notifications when malware is detected, or the license is close to its end. However, the test results show that it’s not the most robust antivirus around.
Avast Business Edition is available in the whole gamut of versions: for Mac, Windows Servers, and Even Win XP+. It is quite easy in navigation but can be configured. You can manage access settings for administrators and assign roles.
Avast has a minimalist interface that features all necessary buttons for navigation. It is ideal for both beginners and advanced users. The vast majority of reviews praise it for simplicity of use.
Avast Business Edition Pricing
The company provides flexible plans and several pricing options. The final cost will depend on the selected product and the number of computers.
- Avast Business Antivirus — $39.99/year
- Avast Business Antivirus Pro — $49.99/year
- Avast Business Antivirus Pro Plus — $59.99/year
- Avast Business Antivirus for Linux — $239.99/year
- Avast Business Standalone Antivirus — from $39.99/year
- Avast Business Patch Management — $29.99/year
You can also enjoy a 30-day trial in the beginning – it’s one of Avast’s significant benefits.
Avast Business Edition Special Benefits
- Effective protection technologies.
- Easy-to-use graphical group policy editor.
- Informative tool-tips.
- A variety of supported devices and operating system including Windows XP and 7.
- Effective detection of unknown files.
- Regular updates.
Help & Support
Just like any other decent Antivirus, Avast offers a substantial knowledge base on the official website that will help you solve various problems. If not, there’s always the community that’s quick to share some useful tips and tricks.
To top it off, you can submit a ticket and wait for the customer support to answer you. Sadly, there’s no Live Chat, and that’s a big turn-off for most users. The good news is – you can leave not only your email, but also a phone number, and support usually doesn’t take long to answer.
AVG Business Edition
- Complex and advanced antivirus solution for business.
- The solution effectively protects your corporate network and workstations from viruses, worms, Trojans, unwanted and malicious programs.
- The software is equipped with an integrated AVG Turbo scanner to avoid downtime during virus database updates and system checks.
- A perfect solution for those who are not that tech-savvy due to a simple interface and a reasonable number of features.
Additional Security Features
AVG Business Security Antivirus provides a lot of additional security features:
- Protection from the latest malware with real-time cloud-based virus detection and proactive AI Detection.
- Antivirus for the network keeps your employees safe by actively checking web pages before they open and alerting them when suspicious content is present.
- Encryption and password protection for confidential business information files
- Storage technology helps encrypt and save valuable company documents and any other files to a password-protected virtual drive on your PC.
- File shredder for unrestorable deletion of unnecessary files.
- File server protection protects files and business information.
- Smart scanner.
- Remote control from a single center.
- Identity protection of passwords and credit card numbers.
- Link scanner.
- Securely browse, search and download websites.
This antivirus is the perfect solution for those who are not that tech-savvy. A simple interface and a reasonable number of features make it easy for new customers to understand how to interact with the program in no time. Advanced users might feel like this antivirus can accomplish a limited range of tasks. However, AVG Business Antivirus performs well within its possibilities, and it’s quite enough for most users.
Various lab tests prove the reliability of this provider. During the AV-Test’s observation, AVG stopped 98.5% of zero-day attacks. It’s a rather good score that ensures users they will stay safe with this antivirus. And during the Real-World Protection Test, this provider scored perfect 100% and had only two false positives.
All the other tests also were successful for AVG antivirus license. And overall, laboratories give this provider rather high scores. It can block all kinds of malware, ransomware, and even take care of complex attacks.
AVG Business Edition Pricing
AVG has three products for businesses. The simplest one, AVG File Server Business Edition, will give you basic protection. So the product will cost you $20.41 per year, and you can add two devices to the subscription. AntiVirus Business Edition has much more features and costs $46.99 per year. The account can be used only for one device.
The most advanced package, Internet Security Business Edition, offers maximum protection and costs $64.14year (with our discount) per one device.
AVG Business Edition Special Benefits
- Reliable protection from any online and offline threats.
- Secure document storage will prevent document leaks.
- Very easy to use — it’s a special benefit for small companies who cannot afford own IT department.
Help & Support
Business products come with the 24/7 phone and email support. So if you face any issues, you can get help quickly. Also, AVG has a rather big community. You can find answers to your questions and solutions to issues online. Additionally, there is quite a large FAQ section on the site.
Kaspersky Endpoint Security
Kaspersky Endpoint Security software is one of the industry leaders, and its business solution offers all-around protection for small and medium businesses. The software guarantees the protection of PC and mobile devices, strict control of your software and browsers, and a rock-solid firewall that blocks unauthorized access to your files. The team keeps regularly updating the software to establish unbeatable protection against new viruses and ransomware, including zero-day threats.
- Protecting your business, its data, and reputation.
- Secure data sharing.
- Use of personal devices for work.
- Mobile device management.
- Control tools and application of security policies.
- Immediate protection by default!
- Individual IT security add-ons.
Additional Security Features
Kaspersky antivirus for business provides a lot of great features:
- Adaptive anomalies control
- Program control
- Device control
- Web control
- Behavioral analysis
- Protection against exploits
- Intrusion prevention
- Reduce malicious activity
- File threat protection
- Web threat protection
- Protection against email threats
- Protection against network threats
- Policy level indicator notifies that critical security components are disabled
- Protection against BadUSB attacks
- Real-time background scanning
- Blocking of encryption attacks and stealing of admins’ data
- Creation of data backup copies
- Encryption by FIPS 140-2.standard
Independent testers claim it prevents almost 100% of attacks and hacking attempts. Kaspersky Endpoint Security is considered to be one of the safest antivirus platforms around: it protects devices without hurting the computation speed considerably.
There are versions for Windows, Mac, and Linux. Applications for iOS and Android devices are also available. Users can download upgrades and patches from Kaspersky official website to keep software up-to-date.
The software allows for management scaling: administrators can be assigned different level of access and distributed tasks. Device protection can be managed even without an Internet connection. The software protects settings integrity and prevents settings change by hackers.
Since Kaspersky offers several levels of access, the owner can specify the number of tools available for every user. Employees without technical knowledge can use essential functions, while tech-savvy administrators can perform scanning and other mission-critical tasks. Navigation isn’t complicated.
Kaspersky Endpoint Security Pricing
The pricing policy is quite complicated. However, we highlighted some common options.
- The Select package offers a basic set of features. It is currently available at $335 if you choose the minimal number of nodes – 10. The maximum number of nodes for the Select tier is 100. The features available include antimalware protection of all the connected devices, server protection, application, web, and device control, remote mobile management, and cloud-assisted intelligence.
- The Advanced package offers the same set of features plus encryption management, patch management, role-based access control, app control for servers, and a possibility of SIEM systems integration. Currently, you can get it for $575 (a yearly package) with the 25% off special deal. The number of nodes can vary from 10 to 100.
- The Total package can be purchased from any of the authorized Kaspersky partners. The price and the particular configuration of the solution are set individually. The set of features includes security for e-mail servers, web gateways, and collaboration.
No matter which package you choose, the free trial period is 30 days, which is quite generous for a premium antivirus solution.
Kaspersky Endpoint Security Special Benefits
- Providing the consistency of business processes.
- Efficient work with the product by using a single management console with unified policies, including its web execution.
- High level of protection through the use of modern technologies.
- A number of product components can operate without signatures and allow you to detect threats without frequent updates.
Help & Support
Users of the Kaspersky Endpoint Security suite can take advantage of professional support via multiple channels in a 24/7 mode. As long as you have a valid license, you are eligible for toll-free phone support (9 a.m. – 8 p.m. on business days).
Other options include an on-site electronic ticket form and a live chat. On top of this, there are some premium paid support channels.
Finally, there is an opportunity to order the services of a personal technical assistant 24/7. All in all, a professional and helpful customer support service is a strong point of Kaspersky.
McAfee Endpoint Security
Before you consider this antivirus, please note that it works in the cloud only. The range of features is extensive, but McAfee requires a lot of resources. It offers anti-malware protection, data loss prevention, intrusion detection and prevention, and web and email security within a suite.
- Real-time anti-malware protection to block viruses, trojans, worms, adware, spyware, and other potentially unwanted programs.
- Centralized management tools allow you to gather more information about what’s going on and better control your compliance and security controls.
- Data monitoring and restrictions on copying data to removable devices ensure the security of sensitive information.
Additional Security Features
Since this is a cloud solution, McAfee Endpoint Security boasts a few Internet-related features:
- Comprehensive endpoint protection. It protects Windows, Mac, and Linux endpoints from threats to systems, data, email, networks, and web threats.
- Speeds and eases the deployment. Installation can be completed in minutes with just a few clicks.
- Blocks zero-day threats. McAfee Host Intrusion Prevention for Desktop technology integrated into the solution protects against new vulnerabilities and reduces the need for urgent patching.
- Controls Internet usage. Administrators can restrict users on and off the corporate network from accessing inappropriate Web sites and prevent unwanted programs from running on systems by blocking applications.
- Provides comprehensive device management. Monitor and restrict the copying of data to removable devices and storage media to prevent loss of control by the enterprise.
- Automates policy compliance. McAfee Policy Auditor allows you to integrate HIPAA, PCI, and other regulatory compliance reports.
In AV tests, it shows the most excellent results: about 99.7% of threats are blocked. However, the solution itself isn’t enough for protection of devices – it should be complemented with additional McAfee products. Being a cloud platform, it doesn’t impact performance significantly.
McAfee Endpoint Security is very easy in use because it’s a ready cloud solution with a small range of available functions. But you’ll need an Internet connection to manage the suite. This platform can boast an integrated online dashboard to manage all the devices connected to the network. You can get detailed reports and set policies right from the dashboard. Linux, Mac OS, and Windows are fully supported, while mobile platforms aren’t covered.
McAfee Endpoint Security Pricing
Pricing is one of the most critical components of any business. Especially when the enterprise has a limited budget. The cost of McAfee Antivirus for small business starts from $94.99 er user per year. Therefore, the price depends on the number of users and a set of functions required. There’s also a 30-days free trial available, which adds up to the list of its advantages.
McAfee Endpoint Security Special Benefits
- The solution is very easy to work with. It’s especially beneficial for companies without own IT Department.
- Powerful protection of all devices in the office.
- Timely detection of various threads including zero-day ones.
Help & Support
The customer support is available around the clock, no matter how you decide to contact them – by phone, email, or in the live chat. If you have some simple questions, answers can be found in the online knowledge base.
Norton for Small Business
- The service is cloud-based, so installing the antivirus on different devices won’t be a struggle. A new user will get an email with detailed step-by-step instructions. Adding and removing devices from the account is effortless, and you have complete control over the situation.
- The interface is clean and simple. All the features are not difficult to understand. Norton antivirus is not overloaded with unnecessary functions making the software intuitive and simple.
- Interfaces of desktop and mobile programs are very similar which makes the user experience smooth and enjoyable.
- The software is available on all platforms: Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS.
- Antivirus protection (“classic” signatures, and SONAR behavioral analysis).
- Protection against web attacks (firewall, IPS, mail protection).
- Global reputation system for file and web objects.
- “Isolation” of applications from unknown threats, including zero-day threats.
- Special utilities for different cases (including those for heavily infected PCs).
Additional Security Features
- Protection at the system startup. Provides loading of anti-virus components immediately after system startup, without delay. It also scans for viruses before the system is fully loaded.
- Real-time protection.
- E-mail scanning for viruses and Norton AntiSpam for desktop clients.
- Protection from spyware. A component designed to provide protection against keyloggers, as well as interceptors of personal data by email or via messengers.
- Intelligent firewall.
- Protect your web browser.
- Identity Safe. It is encrypted cloud storage, which requires additional registration and generation of a strong password to access.
- Secure work on the Internet. Provides protection from phishing and determines the reputation of visited sites.
In February 2019 AV-Test certified Norton Antivirus for Business as a top product. This provider scored perfect 6 out of 6 for protection, performance, and ease of use. The antivirus scored 99% during zero-day successfully blocking malware attacks and other threats. Other tests were no disappointment as well since Norton for small business managed to score a perfect 100%.
The product pricing is also quite affordable, like many other similar solutions, Norton Antivirus for business offers pricing policy depending on the number of connected devices.
With Norton Small Business you can add from five to twenty devices to one account. The number depends on the subscription you purchased. For 5 devices you will have to pay $99.99 per year. If you need to protect 10 devices – it will cost you $149.99 per year. And for 20 devices be ready to pay $249.99 each year.
Norton Special Benefits
- Effective results in antivirus protection. You will surely be absolutely protected from any online threats.
- Transparent customized and flexible pricing policy. You will not overpay for the protection.
- The product is very easy to use which means you will not require a dedicated IT specialist to install and configure it.
Help & Support
Everyone in your team will get professional help at any moment, and none of your sensitive corporate data will suffer if someone’s device gets stolen or lost because all customers get access to 24/7 support regardless of their position in the company.
Panda Endpoint Protection Plus
- Endpoint Protection Plus provides centralized protection for all your Windows, Mac and Linux workstations and servers, as well as laptops, smartphones, and leading virtual systems.
- Exchange email protection: antivirus, anti-spam and content filtering, URL filtering by category.
- Remotely observe, monitor and configure the security level of all network devices.
This is very flexible antivirus software for small business: Panda Endpoint provides a lot of useful options for companies and the whole gamut of features for security and data management. Customer support is available around the clock, and the live chat function is also included. The results of the test are close to perfect, although some users claim that the software can slow down the devices if you’re simultaneously running resource-hungry programs.
Additional Security Features
Panda Endpoint Protection Plus includes a variety of great security features:
- Proactive real-time anti-malware protection connected to Collective Intelligence, Panda Security’s cloud-based technology.
- Personal firewall managed locally or centrally.
- Local and cloud heuristics significantly increase the level of detection of unknown threats.
- All incoming and outgoing email is inspected, protecting your IT assets and your company’s reputation. Blocking outgoing spam at the right time prevents your mail servers from being blacklisted by various anti-spam technologies.
- Complete global anti-spam solution: protects against all types of spam with any content.
- The only endpoint cloud protection with device control: blocks malware penetration channels, allowing you to increase productivity and help you prevent data leaks.
- Antivirus protection for Android mobile devices, anti-malware features, application control, privacy module.
- Automatic and transparent updates to Panda Endpoint Protection Plus.
- Website blocking.
- Email and Internet protection.
- Anti-theft feature (locks or wipes a stolen device).
- Restriction of harmful USB connections.
The software is excellent in detecting the most well-known attacks but can ignore some of the latest viruses. There are both cloud and on-premise solutions available with centralized management that provides easy control and detailed activity reports. It is compatible with Windows, Mac, and mobile devices on iOS and Android.
When it comes to performance, Panda’s software can slow down your computer considerably. The impact depends on the programs you’re running on your computer. So if the software uses a lot of temporary resources, you may notice the drag Panda’s software has on your PC.
Panda Endpoint Protection Pricing
Panda provides several pricing options. However, they do not differ much when it comes to the set of features.
A Premium package Endpoint plus costs $84.58/year, while a standard package with pretty much the same features is worth $59.90/year per user. It is quite expensive in comparison with other antivirus suites that offer more all-around functionality for the same money.
There’s a 30-day free trial available on the website.
Panda Endpoint Protection Special Benefits
- Reliable real-time protection of all your corporate devices.
- Protection against any online and offline threats.
- The heuristic system timely detects any threats including the newest and unknown ones.
Help & Support
If you don’t have your own IT department, rely on Panda customer support: it covers all the bases with the phone, email, live chat and an online knowledge base – all available on a 24/7 basis.
ESET Endpoint Security
ESET Endpoint Security is a security system that combines antivirus, anti-spyware, personal firewall and anti-spyware. It provides proactive protection for workstations with multi-level malware detection. Due to the built-in modules, it provides comprehensive protection against known and previously unknown types of viruses, Trojans and spyware, rootkits and many other types of Internet threats.
Additional Security Features
ESET antivirus for small business provides all security instruments you need, as well as tools for identifying and blocking malware, viruses, Trojans, and ransomware.
ESET uses the most advanced protection features:
- Protection against targeted attacks
- Data breach prevention
- Fileless attacks prevention
- Multi Layered defense
- Host-based Intrusion Prevention System (HIPS)
- 2-way firewall
- Exploit Blocker
- Botnet protection
- Web Control
- Trusted zone authentication
- Anti-spam module
- Automatic check of removable media
- RSA envision support
Although ESET passes AV tests well, it’s not devoid of drawbacks. First, the process of installation and downloading takes much time. Secondly, the software can affect your computer’s performance, but this impact is minimal.
This platform cannot be called the simplest antivirus solution – an average user will need some time to figure out what is what. However, as soon as the menu tabs are learned, users aren’t likely to face any challenges –scanning management is easy.
ESET Endpoint Security Pricing
ESET provides flexible pricing for all your devices. The price depends on the management type and number of devices. Thus, choosing via cloud management, the system will charge $190 per 5 devices per year. At the same time, on-premise will cost only $190 per 5 devices per year.
ESET Endpoint Security Special Benefits
- Supports all the devices and operating systems. So, you will be able to protect all your devices.
- Reliable protection against any threats, even the zero-day ones.
- Easy management — if you are a small company, you will not need to hire a dedicated IT specialist.
Help & Support
Eset provides 24/7 customer support for all corporate clients. Assistants can be contacted via phone or email – they receive answers almost immediately.
Bitdefender Endpoint Security
This is the best antivirus for small business that doesn’t need mobile device protection and other extras but requires an unbeatable level of security. The installation process is a bit tricky, but the dashboard is intuitive and user-friendly. One of the most significant disadvantages of Bitdefender is that it doesn’t track the lost/stolen devices, and the file shredder isn’t included.
- Comprehensive protection.
- Minimal time for installation and control.
- Hacking protection.
- Increased employee productivity.
- Reduce costs by simplifying the architecture.
- Ideal for re-sellers and security service providers.
Additional Security Features
Besides the features typical for every antivirus, Bitdefender Endpoint Security includes:
- 2-way firewall to control all the connections.
- Password Management.
- Anti-Theft feature (available for Total Security package only).
- VPN for ultimate protection of your office.
- System Optimizer to make your machines work faster.
- File Shredding to delete the files without the ability to be restored.
- Lock pop-up windows. Disabling pop-up windows when working in full-screen mode allows you to increase staff productivity.
- Low system requirements and minimal consumption of system resources ensure the smooth operation of programs and protection even on outdated computers.
It’s perfect for overall protection of devices: the software not only protects you against viruses but also optimizes the processes on your PC. The in-built system optimizer improves speed and reduces the risk of bugs.
It is complemented by a secure browser, a password manager and a file shredder. Antivirus Plus also blocks critical files from being changed and quickly copies targeted files if it detects a ransomware attack.
According to tests, it detects 99% of malware, which is a very competitive result. Bitdefender can have a minor impact on overall system performance, but it’s not critical. Fast scanning takes about 6-7 minutes – not a big deal.
Operating systems supporting Bitdefender products include Windows (versions from 7 to 10, XP and Vista aren’t supported since 2019), Mac OS, and Android devices. Linux and iOS are not supported, which is a serious disadvantage.
Bitdefender is among the most intuitive platforms on the market. Software management can be done on one screen – there are no complicated menus. Even if your employees are in the dark about antivirus software management, they won’t find navigation challenging.
Bitdefender Endpoint Security Pricing
Like any other similar product, Bitdefender provides several pricing plans which depend on the number of used computers and devices. The higher it is, the more expensive will be a package.
There are three packages available:
- Bitdefender GravityZone Elite – available for free
- Bitdefender GravityZone Business Security – from $77.99 to $2043.99/year (depending on the number of devices 3-100)
- Bitdefender GravityZone Advanced Business Security – from $202.99 to $31023.99/year
Don’t miss the chance to benefit from 90-days trial! It’s a very generous offer.
Bitdefender Endpoint Security Special Benefits
- Excellent laboratory test results
- Encryption protection
- Webcam protection
- A reliable, intelligent firewall
- Full-featured parental control system
- Numerous additional functions
Help & Support
Technical support can be reached 24/7 via email, online chat or telephone. You can also surf forums and FAQ, which includes how-to videos and answers to some essential questions.
Webroot Secure Anywhere
- Webroot Secure Anywhere provides real-time protection against viruses, malware, phishing attacks, and data theft for Windows and Mac computers.
- Unique, intelligent cloud-based security technology enables you to perform rapid antivirus scans and securely protect your personal and financial information without interrupting or slowing your online activity.
- Intelligence Threat Network’s proprietary technology delivers advanced telemetry threat intelligence from 30 million computers worldwide.
- With advanced real-time behavioral analysis and updates, Webroot solutions effectively protect against both known and emerging threats, ensuring reliable protection on the Internet.
Additional Security Features
Webroot offers a few useful extra features:
- Webroot Antivirus effectively protects against online threats. It performs instant system checks, uses minimal resources, and instantly detects and blocks new threats as soon as they occur.
- Quiet cloud protection automatically analyzes files, phishing sites, malicious web pages, IP addresses, and mobile apps, ensuring you are always protected from new types of infections.
- Cloud protection offers real-time updates to protect against known and emerging threats.
- Data protection runs in the background and protects accounts, security codes and other personal information from theft. This level of protection requires a minimum amount of resources, so your computer’s performance will not suffer.
- Cloud-based machine learning allows you to generate dynamic updates and protect against new threats.
- Scan pages and block phishing sites in real-time.
- Hosted storage to back up and sync files.
- Detailed reports.
- Cleaning the browsing history.
- Password managing.
The software has perfect scores in AV tests — it eliminates 99% of all threats. Besides, this business antivirus is light on system resources. Webroot is available for Windows, Mac, and Android only. It doesn’t provide browser extensions.
Platform navigation is quite easy. Users are free to customize scanning settings, manage passwords and PC security, activate identity protection, and work with utilities. It’s more than enough for the comprehensive protection of the website.
Webroot is not the cheapest solution. At the same time, it is not the most expensive one. We’d say, it provides average pricing.
The basic price is $30 per endpoint and will depend on the number of PCs, Mac, tablets, etc you’d like to protect. Larger businesses can benefit from a discount. If you have, say, 100 employees, one endpoint protection will cost you around $25. There’s also a 30-days free trial.
Webroot Special Benefits
- Superfast scan.
- Problem-free cloud security.
- Secure web surfing and real-time phishing protection. Proactively scans sites for malicious content and blocks fraudulent sites that attempt to steal personal information.
- Protect your webcam. Detect and block spying attempts with a webcam.
- Cross-platform. Protect up to 3 Windows or Mac computers.
Help & Support
When it comes to customer support in Webroot, users have several options. They can issue a ticket, find the answers to their questions in the knowledge base, or call in one of four centers. Webroot also promotes its community where users can help each other.
Trend Micro’s OfficeScan
Trend Micro’s OfficeScan is one of the few business antivirus software options that allow getting excellent scores in security tests. As for system performance impact, Trend Micro is one of the worst solutions ever: it can take a hit on your computer’s performance and slow things down.
Still, the antivirus is rather easy to use. The software’s half-screen interface windows are not resizable, but they can be moved around. When the window is green, it means that the computer is safe. When it’s yellow, you need to take action; when it’s red, the system has been compromised.
You can start a quick scan in one click from the main window, but starting a full or a custom scan adds another two clicks. Generally, navigation isn’t complicated, and you’ll quickly understand what is what.
More advanced features, such as data collection settings, should be managed by experienced users: to control them, you’ll need to dig deeper into settings.
- Smart Protection Network Cloud.
- Protecting against malicious websites.
- E-mail scanner.
- Spam filter.
- Firewall Booster network protection.
- Disaster Recovery Disc.
- Folder protection of important documents and files from ransomware and encryption.
Additional Security Features
This solution is optimal from the standpoints of both usability and security. The provider offers a free trial, and if you like the solution, you can order the standard package for as low as $37.75/ year. What does this antivirus for business include?
- Blocks viruses, malware and dangerous links sent via email or IM application.
- Identify safe and dangerous links in search results for Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox web browsers.
- Provides clear and easy interpretation of on-screen messages and reports.
- A set of “put and forget” security features that won’t bother you with warnings and pop-ups.
- Protection against ransomware;
- Automatic monitoring, updates, and protection of computers;
- Prevention of virus infection from USB and other portable storage devices;
- Simple set up and updating;
- Control of employee access.
If you need an advanced security level, opt for more expensive solutions. The premium packages additionally support:
- Email security;
- Zero maintenance requirements from your team (the OfficeScan team does it);
- Real-time blocking of suspicious email attachments;
- Blocking access to malicious websites.
- Mobile device protection.
OfficeScan’s apps are compatible with Windows and Mac PCs, as well as Android and iPhones. There are no extensions for browsers, though.
Trend Micro Pricing
For TrendMicro endpoint security solutions, there is no fixed price. To understand how much would you pay for your antivirus you will have to contact sales and tell them what you want. On the one hand, it is good since you can pretty much build your package. But on the other hand, it is really time-consuming and annoying to fill another useless form on the internet.
Trend Micro Special Benefits
- Very good results in amateur malware blocking and phishing tests.
- Trojan encryption protection.
- Minimal impact on performance.
- Scanning browsers and social networks for security bugs.
- Secure file deletion.
- Built-in spam filter.
Help & Support
Unfortunately, Trend Micro can process calls only from Monday to Friday from 2 a.m. to 5 p.m., Eastern Time. But there’s a good assortment of tips, FAQs, and videos online, and you can get to a support technician via the antivirus program interface.
For an extra $80 a year, you can get Trend Micro’s premium support services, which include 24-hour coverage, troubleshooting, and network help. It’s a considerable drawback considering that other companies provide 24/7 support entirely for free.
What to Look for in Business Antivirus Software?
When in search of business antivirus, you should consider several crucial points.
Tip #1 Check Core Protection
Every antivirus suite has some basic protection features. When it comes to business solutions, you need to pay particular attention to protection against malware in real time and the integrity of data stored on users’ devices. A strong firewall is a must while e-mail and SM protection would be a nice touch. You don’t want corporate data to be compromised, that’s why employees’ devices should be protected from data stealing.
Why is that important? Windows in the most popular operating system. It has a lot of great features but the hackers often make it the main target in their mass attacks. Just remember about huge attacking waves affected millions of corporate PCs.
Tip #2 Pay Attention to Additional Security Features
Find the antivirus that’s suited to your company’s particular demands. For example, if your team does a lot of browsing, choose the antivirus with a useful browser plugin and VPN options. Those who deal with customers’ information should establish breach-proof protection of database.
Ideally, business antivirus must have a convenient control panel, multiplatform support, remote control, as well as some specific features.
Tip #3 Performance is Vital
Check independent tests results: the antivirus solutions that can detect less than 95% of threats aren’t worth consideration. Besides, software shouldn’t affect the speed of processing dramatically. Not every company is able to use modern PCs that’s why a lot of machines are outdated. So, the antivirus must take minimal system resources.
Tip #4 Check Platform Compatibility
The choice of antivirus should be based on compatibility with users’ devices. Ideally, you should select the software suite that’s available for both PCs (Windows, Mac, Linux) and mobile phones (iOS, Android). Make sure the software not only supports your OS but is compatible with the OS version your device is running on.
Why is that important? Each operating system is good for some specific tasks. However, if some machines are not protected, they are vulnerable to others in the whole company.
Tip# 5 Management Tools Should be functional
Management tools help you keep the whole network under control and have access to all the connected devices from one PC or server. In this way, you can monitor license statuses, make updates and schedule scans to make sure all the devices are protected. Some software suits even allow for remotely erasing information from devices connected to the network, which comes in handy in case of theft.
If you have no your own IT department, good management tools will help to find the outsourcing companies which will control your antivirus protection
Tip #6 Ease of Use. Try It Before Buying
If you order business antivirus, most likely, it will replace the whole IT department. That means that average users will exploit the program without specific technical knowledge. Thus, antivirus software should be easy to install and intuitive navigation.
In addition, most companies allow trying the product before buying giving a trial period of up to a month. It is a great thing if you are not sure whether you like the solution.
Tip #7 Suitable Pricing
Antivirus software can be quite expensive, especially for minor businesses. If you want to save, take a closer look at the software with an annual subscription for 2-3 years and free trials – this is the best way to save money.
Do not think that a higher price means better quality. It doesn’t work anymore. Analyze the offer many times to make the right decision.
Tip #8 Help & Support
No matter what antivirus suite you choose, it’s useless without decent customer support. Make sure that the software provider is ready to help you 24/7, and several means of contact are supported (email, phone, live chat). Don’t hesitate to read reviews and find out how long it takes to receive answers from this or that company.
It is good to have own IT department or outsource company who can solve anything. Official supports is always much more precious.
The bottom line
No matter how large or small your enterprise is, you can always find a software solution that is tailored to your requirements and budget. With our top 10 antiviruses for business, you can make an informed decision and buy a package that will make your digital infrastructure 100% safe and secure.
It is hard to say what product is the best. Most of them are great but for some specific cases. Please analyze the market, think about what you need, and get the best protection for your business.