- One of the best antiviruses to ever be released
- More than 400 million users around the world trust this company with their security
- Kaspersky Antivirus is incredibly friendly and easy to use
- Arguably, this is the most reliable offer on the market
- The 30-day free trial is awesome
- Equally affordable and versatile
- Kaspersky is famous for the top of the class virus protection algorithms and exceptional engine
According to the official “legend”, Mr. Kaspersky encountered his first digital virus back in 1989, and that’s when he knew the antivirus industry was about to become huge. Eight years later, the man founded his company and started working on the now-iconic Kaspersky Anti-virus. Two decades later, this is the most trusted and recognized software on the market and 270K corporate clients around the globe work with various Kaspersky Antivirus products. As a cyber-fighter, this company is always on the forefront. Every single third-party test proved that Kaspersky Lab’s packages are 100% effective against all kinds of malware – they both detect and terminate the viruses.
Most rivals usually detect 98/99 percent of prevalent/zero-day viruses. Furthermore, the engineers/technicians at KL managed to create one of the best engines that puts very little strain on the CPU. On the downside, the entry-level Kaspersky Antivirus is a bit limited in terms of available features (for example, Bitdefender is better that way). If you’re looking for high-level features like parental control, online banking protection, and more, you’ll have to pay for the top tiers – the best-selling Kaspersky Internet Security and Total Security. That’s when you’ll realize that this company is, indeed, the leader when it comes to online security.
- Individual users
- Personal computers
- Users that are looking for basic protection. They can always go for the higher tiers
- Fans of fast, reliable, easy-to-use and well-respected antiviruses
The List Of Pros And Cons
Let us dig deeper into this Kaspersky review and go through all the pros and cons. True, the list of pros is much bigger, and with Kaspersky Lab, you always get the best value. However, there are some downsides, and we need to learn about them all in order to make the right decision.
- No virus will ever get through Kaspersky Antivirus
- Probably the least “hungry” product in terms of using your device’s resources
- A 30-day trial is included
- The totally free Kaspersky TDSSKILLER will scan your computer for rootkits and bootkits and remove them
- It is very easy to switch from the basic plan to the more advanced tiers
- The higher plans offer a huge list of amazing features
- The customization options will satisfy the fans of tweaking
- The Kaspersky Windows 10 client deserves the highest praise. The rest of the clients/apps are also great
- The entry-level package comes with a very limited set of features
- For some users, the ultimate plan might seem expensive (but it’s actually not)
- Unfortunately, the basic package is only available on Windows systems. To get Kaspersky for Mac and the mobile platforms, you’ll have to switch to KIS or KTS
- If you are concerned that the Russian government is spying on the users through this antivirus, then it might not be the best choice for you (there’s no official proof, though)
Reliability And Security
As you might’ve already guessed, Kaspersky Antivirus is among the most reliable, secure, and strong offers on the market. Optimized security – that’s what it is all about. You can set up security checks, configure the antivirus to suit your needs best, and enjoy the marvelous engine that runs smoothly in the background. We mentioned earlier in this Kaspersky review that protection is superb regardless of the packages you choose. We’ll learn more about the additional features of the higher tiers later, but for now let us just say that while you can purchase a package for Mac/Android use only, if you have more than one device, go with KIS or KTS.
The company’s trademark monitoring technology works 24/7 and looks for signs of danger in the behavior of suspicious software. Parts of that code are then immediately uploaded to the company’s network for a quick analysis. Once they find a solution for that potential malware, the system automatically sends an update to all active users. So, do you want to know what kind of an antivirus Kaspersky truly is? It is incredibly robust and always puts the safety of the users first. The Vulnerability Scan finds old software and tiny flaws in your device within 10 minutes. With Internet Security, you’ll get 200MB of data through the company’s own VPN. If you want unlimited data, you’ll need to pay 5 dollars for a month or 30 dollars for a year.
Ease Of Use
It is time for us to go further with our Kaspersky review and take a closer look at the interface and the dashboard. The Kaspersky login procedure is pretty standard. However, it might take your system up to 20 minutes or more to install it on your computer. During installation, it will check your device for incompatible software (this is a relatively new feature). The antivirus will signal if there’s another antivirus already installed on your computer. The Kaspersky download routine is also quite easy and straightforward. Choose a package you like, pick the most suitable payment method, and download it with a single click.
Before installation is complete, Kaspersky Lab will ask you to connect to the Network we mentioned earlier (yes, the one that uploads any suspicious codes to KSN). By the way, Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool is an app that checks and cures computers running on Windows OS; it’s basic, but also totally free. Usually, a full scan takes no more than an hour, while most competitors take several hours and practically paralyze any device they’re running on. Even while the scan is running, you’ll still be able to use the computer without any significant drops in performance. We experienced no lags and/or enormous CPU loads during our Kaspersky review, which is a huge plus. The dashboard is nice and simple: you will always know whether something’s wrong with the system or if there’s an active threat.
Package Features – What Does Kaspersky Have To Offer?
You’ll be surprised by the available packages on the official website. You can choose exactly how many devices you want to secure; plus, you can choose between 1, 2, and 3 years.
- Kaspersky Free. Even though it’s very basic and lacks some important features, the free edition is still capable of protecting your computer.
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus. This is the entry-level package. As mentioned earlier, it only works with PCs running on Windows. For 30 dollars, it will protect 3 PCs for 1 year. For additional 30 and 60 dollars, you’ll get 2 and 3 years of protection respectively. If you have 5 PCs to secure, then you’ll have to pay 40, 80, and 120 dollars for 1, 2, and 3 years. Even that’s not enough for you? With Kaspersky, you can protect up to 10 devices (for 65, 130, and 195 dollars).
- Kaspersky Internet Security. According to the company officials, this is the most popular package. Check any Kaspersky Internet Security review – they’ll all tell you that this is an exceptional product. Along with Windows, it’s also available on Mac and Android (the Kaspersky Android app works great). Privacy Protection, Safe Money (more security during online transactions), and Security for kids will become available with KIS. The most basic setup – 3 devices for 1 year – costs 40 dollars, and it’s an amazing deal. Obviously, Kaspersky Internet Security download will only become available after you pay for one of the plans. Go to the official website to check out all the available offers.
- Kaspersky Total Security. For $50, you can purchase KTS, the ultimate offer from Kaspersky Lab. It is available on all major platforms, including Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS. It provides Extra Security For Kids, a Secure Password Manager, and super-easy backup/encryption for your most precious files. Once you go ahead with the Kaspersky Total Security download procedure and install it on your device, you’ll get access to all these features. Again, to learn more about the rest of the device/year combinations, we recommend paying the website a visit.
Kaspersky Support And Customer Service
As always, you’ll find tons of useful information on Kaspersky’s site. There’s a helpful Knowledge Base, an active forum, and even video guides. If you’re looking for direct customer support, you can get it from the user’s page. Create a ticket and wait for one of the staff members to come through with a response. You might stumble upon a Kaspersky Antivirus review on the Internet that claims support is very slow and lacks professionalism, but that’s not really true. Don’t believe the rumors – believe the reviews from respected experts.
One of the most popular comparisons these days is Kaspersky VS Avast. These two products do have a lot in common, but Kaspersky has more respect in the industry. Avast offers impressive entry-level features, but the average users might never need them. Kaspersky, in turns, performs better in the third-party tests, which is more important. This is a reliable antivirus product; probably the most secure one on the planet right now. With over 400 million users and 270 thousand corporate clients choosing this company’s software, you can rest assured that your device will also be protected.
KIS and KTS are the leaders of the industry and always receive the highest ratings from all the major reviewers. The entry-level package might not be as feature-packed as some of the rivals, but it’s still a marvelous antivirus.